Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Inaugural Mix

To help kick things off and give you a better idea of what to expect from my posts I made a 15 minute mix, fast and heavy all the way through.

Inaugural Mix

Tracklist
1. Where's Dario (D.I.M. remix) - Difuzion Krew
2. Pick Your Poison (JFK remix) - Pick Your Poison
3. Loser (Les Petits Pilous remix) - Plasticines
4. D.A.N.C.E. (Blake Miller is Ruthless Edit) - Justice
5. Peaches (Les Petits Pilous remix) - Peaches
6. Needy Girl (Teenage Bad Girl remix) - Chromeo
7. Bluto Fucks Popeye - The Bloody Beetroots featuring Congorock
8. Is You - D.I.M.
9. I Found You (Dubfire remix) - Axwell

The mix features music from two of my favourite artists, D.I.M. and Teenage Bad Girl. D.I.M. is a German producer who partners up with Boys Noize to form Puzique, more progressive house than electro but together they produce quality tracks. D.I.M. is almost instantly recognizable by his deep, driving, syncopated basslines and extended melodic drops. Teenage Bad Girl, hailing from Paris, are one of the more impressive production duos I've come across. Their music borders on IDM but is very much danceable electro. Both artists display a musicianship that exceeds the more popular sounds of MSTRKRFT and Justice.

To help acquaint people with the electro scene I posted a 3 part series I found on youtube last summer. The half hour video penetrates the movement to its core in Paris and offers insight into its origins through interviews with prominent artists including Justice and Para One.




1 comment:

BRAVINTHEMIX said...

Nice blog... I'll listen the mix!
Cheers, you're on my blogroll now!