Friday, June 13, 2008

Big Ups



I just wanted to big up whoever posted a recommendation of our blog on craigslist, it's greatly appreciated as we're trying to up the traffic, get more music and whatever else we find of interest out there. It's been a good week, the Dutch are tearing up the euro cup, I got out of work early on Tuesday as the AC was broken; simple pleasures I suppose. Anyways, on to the music.

This post is really about Alex Gopher, a french producer who started out as a member in Orange; a french band also including Air and Etienne de Crécy. After the group dissolved, he broke out on his own, started a label and produced a widely popular 2001 album You, My Baby, And I.  In 2006 he released a self titled album of original material, harkening back to the style of Orange; pop rock tracks infused with the occasional electronic synth.  More recently he has been producing electro tracks, originals and remixes, that are marked most notably by his deep, distorted basslines.  Here's a wicked example, a remix of Fischerspooner's The Best Revenge and a more mild but equally as pleasing remix of Dada Life's Your Favourite Flu.  



I think i'll do a bit of a mini mix this weekend of some of the more recent music I've been listening to. Here's the last mix I made for a Mexican radio station.  It's more electro house than electro but I'm sure you will enjoy it none-the-less. Tracklist is below. Cheers.

Fischerspooner - Danse en France (DIM remix)
heartsrevolution - CYOA (Brodinski remix)
Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (Surkin remix)
Primary 1 - Hold Me Down (Foamo remix)
Beastie Boys - Open Letter to NYC (Chew Fu remix)
Crookers - Love to Edit
New Young Pony Club - Get Lucky (The Twelves remix)

No comments: