Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Côte Ouest

I just downloaded the Minitel Rose ep, The French Machine, last night; west coast french electro. They appear to be cultivating a fairly unique style; an interesting rock/electro hybrid. The EP features 7 tracks, all different from the next, filled with original vocals, familiar yet catchy chord progressions, sparkling synth melodies, choppy basslines, distorted electric guitars, church organs...I could go on but suffice it to say Minitel Rose create an accessible pop / club, but not exclusively club, sound. I've posted my favourite track off the Ep, Better Days (part II) and their official west coast theme song, Valerie Côte Ouest. Enjoy.


Here's a little bonus, a new Fred Falke remix of The Energies entitled Running Again.

1 comment:

Nextron said...

hmmm pretty good, kinda remind me of the presets a little