Sunday, July 6, 2008

OD

This is going to be a jam packed post...Let's begin with an an interview with Alex Gopher featured on Brav in the Mix. (I believe he actually is a subscriber to our humble blog so please do check out his) FYI the interview is in french, but I hope some people will appreciate it as it's a revealing look into the artist's life and the development of the french music scene over the years. 


I'd like to follow up Nestor's post containing a Duke Dumont track with two more.  Duke Dumont is a young producer from the U.K. who exploded onto the scene after winning a production contest in 2006, declared as one of the best unsigned producers of the year.  In 2007, he released an EP that was widely lauded by the likes of Simian Mobile Disco and Erol Alkan amongst others.  

The first remix I've posted was featured on the Acid Girl's Neon Noise Mixtape, albeit briefly. A unique use of a sample and staccato chord stabs culminate a bouncy club production.  The second remix/reconstruction is in stark contrast to the first; its dark and melodic, even ambient at times; a real class production from Duke Dumont that remains entertaining over the 8+ minutes of play.  



D.I.M. really hasn't been properly featured on the blog yet, and its high time he has.  Signed to Boys Noize records, in my opinion the most talented artist on the label, D.I.M. makes blazing, grinding, big bass electro and has forged a precise and instantly recognizable sound and form. This track deviates a bit in its phrasing but still typifies the D.I.M. sound.  I'll post an older, massively popular remix of The Preset's track My People.  Anyone who saw Les Petits Pilous and the Montreal Nu Ravers at SAT a few months ago will remember this song without a doubt.    


So finally I mentioned doing a new mix for the blog and here it is.  Its ten minutes of relatively recent tracks that have not been posted on the blog.  The tracklist is below, I hope you enjoy it. 


There's No Justice - Cécile
Diamonds in the Dark (Erol Alkan remix Version 3.0)
Ironical Sexism (Grum remix)  - Revolte
Numb (Kris Menace remix) - Heartache
Je Prends les Gens Pour Qu'ils Sont (DesignerDrugs remix) - Flou
Strangers (Yuksek remix) - Van She 

2 comments:

Nextron said...

wicked. good post.

BRAVINTHEMIX said...

Thanks for your link!
I really appreciate your blog!
Cheers