Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fake Blood is an Alien

Hallo hallo! If you don't who know who Fake Blood is then you're completely hopeless. I mean, who doesn't know Fake Blood? Well, at least that's what I thought before I discovered something strange...nobody has any idea who the hell this guy is.
Say what?
Yeah, I said nobody. Nobody knows who Fake Blood is. He hasn't released any promotional pictures of himself, he's never been interviewed, and no one knows his real name. So he's what I could find...

My Space Location

London, UK

MySpace Self Description

I AM FAKE BLOOD.
I MAKE MUSIC - AND I TAKE YOUR MUSIC AND DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
IF SWALLOWED SEEK MEDICAL ASSISTANCE.
WILL STAIN CLOTHES.
WILL SOUND SPECTACULAR.

A Picture of Little Boots and Fake Blood (?) from Little Boot's Blog

If you're really desperate, you might find a video on youtube of a live set (after you sort through the million 'how to make fake blood' instructional videos) and catch a shadowy glimpse of him in the Dj booth. AND If you're lucky you might even find a crappy cam vid where you can see the fuzzy silhouette of Fake Blood's elusive face. If you're like me, and google's your only source of information, that's the most you'll find. For more info regarding the mysterious lack of info, read this article from analogue magazine.

That said, Fake Blood's produced some of the best remixes of the year and his track, Mars, was a missive hit. Here are the classics as well as some less circulated remixes.

The Kills - Cheep and Cheerful (Fake Blood Remix)
Underworld - Ringroad (Fake Blood Remix)
Uncle - Restless (Fake Blood Remix)
Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Fake Blood Remix)
Little Boots - Stuck on Repeat (Fake Blood Remix)
Hot Chip - Touch Too Much (Fake Blood Remix)
The Black Ghosts - Any Way (Fake Blood Remix)
Sinden & Count of Monte Crista - Beeper (Fake Blood Remix)
Fake Blood - Blood Splashing (Fake Blood Theme)
Fake Blood - Mars
Bonde Do Role - Gasolina (Fake Blood Remix)
South Rakkas Crew - South Rakkas Crew (Fake Blood Remix)
Dan Le Sac v Scroobius Pip - Look for the Woman (Fake Blood Remix)

love

neonguns

1 comment:

papesz said...

fyi if you didnt know:

Fake Blood aka Dj Touche

releasing also brilliant track under this alias (like Vampires or Zombies - out now)