Friday, January 9, 2009

Chills from Norway: Erlend Øye

You may be cool, but you're not Erlend Øye cool. More known for his pop-folk duo with Eirik Glambek Bøe, Kings of Convenience, Erlend (born in Bergen, Norway) nevertheless has produced a lot of solo work, as well as taking on a side project, The Whitest Boy Alive while living in Berlin. This post, however, deals with his contribution to DJ-Kicks CD series. Wikipedia tells me DJ-Kicks started in 1995 and since then has seen some big-name contributors, such as Kruder & Dorfmeister and Thievery Corporation. Erlend's DJ-Kicks album is not new (2004) but it is my favourite, so I thought I'd share. I mean, it's got Phoenix, Avenue D, The Rapture, Röyksopp, and an amazing remix of Cornelius's "Drop" - what more could you ever need?

Enjoy
Erlend Øye - DJ-Kicks

or, download aforementioned song: Cornelius - Drop (KoC remix)

No comments: