Monday, February 23, 2009

Minimale Tech Mix

This post will be the third installment of my weekly mixes, and after scrapping a Deep House set, I've decided to go with an eclectic group of minimale techno tracks. The opening track is a release from Loco Dice, a former German hip hop DJ who now produces minimale and techno, Pimp Jackson is Talking. An extended narrative from an unknown New York rapper (sounds to me like Jay Z but I'm probably wrong about this) dominates the track, the opening lines of which "...this is some weird ass shit..." succinctly describes the bewildered attitude many of my American friends display when I play for them the music I listen.



Aside from Dice, the tracks that feature most prominently in the set are 2Quite and Something Suitable by Format: B. This German duo galvanized my interest in the minimale genre after I stumbled upon their 2008 LP, Steam Circuit. A combination of infectious rhythms, sonic simplicity and their signature dark, ominous and I'll have to admit at times creepy, vocals, Format: B consistently produce quality tracks that I find myself listening to over and over again.

Pimp Jackson is Talking Now - Loco Dice
I Want to Sleep - DJ Koze
Jack the Box - Funkwerkstatt
Something Suitable - Format: B
2Quite - Format: B
Fancy Girl - Lexy
After Dark - DJ T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya noirceursurlalys.blogspot.com admin found your site via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://massive-web-traffic.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://massive-web-traffic.com